Monday, August 31, 2009

Atlanta - home of Coke

I love Coke. Anyone who really knows me, knows that. So you better believe that visiting the World of Coke was top of my list of things to do in our new city. We boarded the Marta and headed downtown for some fun filled times... however we didn't know what kind of treat we were really in for. We soon realized that there was going to be a health care reform rally of sorts at the park downtown, based on the women carrying signs who were sitting right in front of us. Aaron was pretty positive that smack talk was soon to go down, once a women who was quite openly disgusted with the sign boarded the train. haha. Aaron and I decided it was worth swinging by the park and checking it out. After our bags were searched we joined the others, gathering our pocket constitutions along the way. :) oh my. what an experience.
After getting our fill of the rally, we headed on our way to the World of Coke. It was a pretty neat place. There were quite a few things to do and I especially loved the 4-D movie! My back was arched the whole entire time to keep from getting poked. I will have to say that I was slightly (just slightly) disappointed in the taste room, as I thought it was for tasting COKE from all around the world, when really it was Coke products from around the world. Not as cool. Aaron said it was because they strive to show Coke as a universal taste. Well I hate to break it to you Coke, but it's not a universal taste. Coke in Europe is different than Coke in Africa, which is different from Coke in America. It just doesn't taste the same and we really wanted to taste all those flavors! Not nasty exotic Fanta. gross. or Beverly from Italy. extra gross. Aaron was also looking forward to the "new coke" that came out in the 80s but quickly went away, but no such luck. Shortly after the not so yummy taste testing, I found the shining beacon in the far corner. The best room of all. The coke room. And that's where I stayed until it was time to leave. Of course we picked up our souvenir glass bottle of coke on our way out.
Now it's time to think of what our next Atlanta adventure will be...








4 comments:

Mindy said...

Yea! There's nothing more perfect for you guys to do. What fun!

BTW, we had some Coke on the island, tasted totally different than Nashville Coke.

RayGray said...

We are so going there sometime when i come visit! And Kangaroo land too!! Oh, and Six Flags of course!!!

Erin Howell said...

Of course!! and I also recently heard about this place: http://www.animalsafari.com/Wild_Animal_Safari.html
looks like fun!

Julie said...

I am sure you love the whole coke thing...I remember!
Love you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs