Sunday, December 5, 2010

Deck the Halls!

Well I got pretty much all my Christmas decorations up this weekend. I've still got the kissing ball to hang. (Well, that task is for Aaron... ) and I also want to get a Christmas wreath to hang on the window pane I have in the dining room, since I decided to use mine on the mantle this year.

So here it is:

Our view from the couch... also where most of the Christmas decorations are. This year was the first year for me to hang garland on the mantle, and I love it.

Our stockings, hung by the chimney with care.

My Christmas decoration purchases for the year. I love them. Thank goodness for Hobby Lobby and their 50% off. :)

Found these glittery pine cones in my Christmas box and decided to add to the mantle with the garland.

I change out the items in my mantle vase every once in awhile... and this is what I decided on for Christmas. :)

Early Christmas present from my mother-in-law. Proudly displayed on the coffee table.


The table all decorated.. with berries, a mini tree, and table confetti.


We are "those people" that have a coordinated tree... so I haven't been able to display some of my special ornaments the past few years. This year I decided to purchase a small tree dedicated to the cause.

Some of my special ornaments:
Harding University (where Aaron and I attended college); Africa, with Mozambique outlined (Aaron's oldest brother and his family are missionaries in Mozambique. Africa also holds a special place in my heart, as I went on 2 mission trips to Ghana with my church back in Memphis when I was in college); and a wedding ornament from my Grandma for our first married Christmas.


Growing up, my Grandma gave each of the grandkids a special ornament each year. My ornament was rocking horses. Now the rocking horses have a new tree to hang on. :)


Last but not least, our tree and tree topper.



Our tree is not living up to the splendor of 2008:
I've got to work on that... maybe fluff some branches or something.

Happy Decorating
and
Happy Holidays everyone!


2 comments:

Audrey said...

Great Job!

Mindy said...

Yea! This makes me so happy! Thanks so much for the Christmas tour!

I love the idea of a mini tree just for sentimental ornaments. I also love the initials on the stockings and the Hobby Lobby Santa and trees. And the spray in the mantle vase. Yeah, okay. I love it all!

BTW, I think the tree looks perfect.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs