Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas 2008

So, I know I am always a little behind on posting on the blog... but here it is anyways. So Christmas was an exciting and busy one this year. Aaron and I traveled to Memphis on Christmas Eve after celebrating Christmas at home. Since we got in later on during the day, it was quite uneventful. We spent the evening with the Howells eating steak and shrimp (yum!) and playing Farkle! -- we love that game. On Christmas morning we headed to the Gray house to celebrate Christmas morning with the fam. We had an awesome time exchanging gifts. Aaron and I got our very own tent to go camping in! I can't wait until it is warm enough to use it. After gifts we broke out the Wii. My dad had never played... so we started off with bowling. Of course he was quite awesome at it. I lost the game to Aaron by 1 point! sad.. After Christmas with the Grays we headed to Aaron's aunt and uncle's house for lunch and a fun game of dirty Santa. We played "S" is for Santa, so all the gifts were to be S gifts. I made out like a bandit with 4 bottles of Bath and Body Works Soap. Whoo hoo. After that (yeah I know it was a crazy back-and-forth day) we met the Grays again for our traditional Christmas Day movie. This year it was "The Day the Earth Stood Still" which was quite good, not quite seasonal though. We had a really great day and really enjoyed getting to spend time with all the family. (except for Andrew and Krystle who were sadly away in Mobile and of course the Africa Howells... we missed them all).
On Sunday we were able to celebrate Howell family Christmas (w/ Mom&Dad Howell and Andrew&Krystle). We started out with an all out yummy lunch of steak & shrimp (2 times in one week!!). After lunch we open our wonderful gifts. I got a Vera Bradley garment bag, which I love!, a shadow box, and some gifts cards to some awesome places. Aaron got a whole set of Coffman New Testament Bible commentaries. We also got a base charger for our Wii remotes and a gift card to Chili's, our all-time favorite restaurant. All-in-all Christmas was a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I didn't know you guys got a tent! That's awesome! We're totally going to have to go camping again this coming summer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs