Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Spokes and Weavers

Relief, the exam is over!! (for now) whoo hoo! So Aaron and I are both in Memphis now for the rest of the week soaking up as much time as possible with family and friends. My mother-in-law made her famous Snow on the Mountain dish for dinner which was de-lish! Too bad Aaron missed it.. we saved him some though. :) After church I got to go out with some of my long-time and dearest friends. We just went to Chili's and had dessert, but it was so awesome to spend time with everyone. I sure do miss our times together, which seems to be less and less as we are all growing up, getting jobs, spending holidays with significant others, etc... Hopefully we will be able to have our annual Christmas get together/reunion before the craziness starts all over again.



On another note, I put some of my crafty skills (what little I have anyways) to use a few weekends ago and tried my hand at basket making. My aunt gets together with some friends from work and others every once in a while and makes baskets, so I decided to join in on a beginners class. I think mine turned out quite well for a beginner. It definitely has some rough spots though. Guess I'll have to give it another shot sometime...



Here are a few pictures of the work in progress:



Let the holidays begin!!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you're having such a great time in Memphis for the holidays. Feels good to be home, huh? (Don't forget out about us in Nashville! We already miss you!)

And I loooove the basket. Especially now that it's a darker brown. The red/brown thread towards the top is perfect. And I don't see a single flaw. You're extra critical. It's great. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks really fun, making baskets! Good job! Now you'll have to come back here & give Penny & I a workshop on it.

So what kind of dish is "Snow on the Mountain?"

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Pictures are great! You should send me some :) Sorry we missed out on the dessert at Chili's. I'm looking forward to Christmas and I hope we can get together!! :)

Beth said...

Hey Erin! I am so envious of your basket-weaving skills. I think we would get a long just wonderfully. :) Do you mind sending me your address for Christmas cards? My email is darrelbethsears@hotmail.com- or you could just put it on my blog. Thanks so much! Beth

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs