Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Doin' the Charleston

Things have been crazy busy in the Howell household lately. I finished up at my job in Nashville and made the final move to Atlanta. Aaron and I decided it would be a great opportunity for a just-because/yay-i-have-a-job/we're-finally-back-together little weekend get away to Charleston, SC. I figured it's a great time to go visit Charleston since we are so much closer to it now and because things at work weren't too crazy yet and because Aaron had fall break. Everything looked good. :) We had originally planned it for the weekend before I started work but due to the weather forecast of constant rain, I decided otherwise. Aaron and I had a wonderful time driving out to Charleston, enjoying each other's company in the car as we talked about all kinds of stuff.
Saturday in Charleston was filled with all kinds of site-seeing. We walked all around the parks, including Waterfront and the Battery. We then strolled along the water enjoying the sun beginning to set on the water and gazing up at the beautiful homes along the shore. There were so many fountains and trees that were absolutely beautiful. We also enjoyed checking out all the great architecture throughout the city.
On Sunday we spent most of the day at the beach just enjoying walking with the sand between our toes and watching the water crash on our side. There were some pretty amazing homes along the beaches as well that were lots of fun to look at.
All in all we had a wonderful time eating some yummy food, seeing some beautiful sites, and spending some quality time with one another. I can't wait to go back, the weekend just wasn't long enough!!

My absolute favorite picture from the trip. I went to take a night shot of it and when I got there, the lights weren't on! After awhile of trying to take the picture using the back lights.. I was about to leave when all of a sudden the lights were on. It was perfect. :) I love that fountain!

Some of the beautiful architecture that was all around Charleston.


Lovely trees and buildings. I loved looking at it all.



I loved this fountain too...


I especially loved watching the kids play in it. (and a dog too!)

Some of the beautiful homes along the coast near Battery Park. They were so lovely and grand! I wish I could have seen inside some of them!


Posing in front of some of the houses on rainbow row.

In front of the pineapple fountain.. just couldn't get enough. This was after Aaron got to sit on a park bench for 30 minutes or so under a big shade tree, reading a book. It was nice under those shade trees... a bit warm elsewhere. I was off checking out the dolphins! yep, that's right.. I saw dolphins. :)

Eating lunch at Poe's Tavern. Aaron said that I always find the most hole-in-the-wall restaurants. possibly true. However, this one was recommended by a friend. Good choice! It was absolutely delicious. The inside was plastered in all kinds of pictures of Edar Allan Poe and the bathroom stalls were lined with all kinds of writings. Crazy but delicious place.

Enjoying the views of the beach and the lighthouse. Some random stanger offered to take this picture for us... however he snapped a few of himself before he did. funny man.

Enjoying the sand between my toes.

Doin' the Charleston - a picture diary


7 comments:

Lauren Tarpley said...

I love all of your pictures!! Charleston looks like a beautiful place so Erik and I will for sure have to take a trip there soon.
I love going on road trips and just being able to talk and leave the mess of life at home. Glad y'all had fun!

Mindy said...

OOooooo. I love it! I'm so glad you guys had a great time. The pictures are great. I especially love the one of the fountain at night! So pretty!!

Audrey said...

Looks like fun! Where are you working now?

RayGray said...

Love the pics! They make me want to go visit so badly!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs