Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sisters in the ATL!

Lucky me! My sister was able to come visit me for a fun and exciting weekend in Atlanta. We met after I got off work on Friday to watch Glee before heading off to grab some delicious pizza at Fellini's. We didn't really know what we were doing so we ordered the Sicilian pizza.. which we thought just meant it was larger in diameter. We didn't realize it also meant that it was about 3 inches thick!! It was hard to eat much of it, so we ended up bringing home leftovers for Aaron to have for lunch over the next week. After pizza, Rachel and I dropped Aaron off at the apt and headed off for some good sister time. Dessert at the Marietta Diner. Yep, that's the place I mentioned here that had the amazing looking desserts. I finally made it back to try one and it was so worth it. Rachel and I split a piece of their Strawberry Shortcake and we still had leftovers! Gosh it was melt-in-your-mouth amazing... I will be going back soon. After dessert, we rented the worst movie ever - Management. I was pretty much a goner about 15 minutes into the movie. (not too much of a surprise, for those who know me). I just can't believe Aaron and Rachel actually stuck it out.
Saturday was a great day as I got to not only show Rachel some Atlanta sites, I was able to experience them for my 1st time as well. We ate lunch at a somewhat disturbing, creepy place called the Vortex that came highly recommended. I will say that the burger was definitely worth the creepiness. Afterward we finally arrived at the aquarium!!!!!! It was awesome. I was a little sad that the whale and penguins were gone, due to construction, but everything else was great. All of the animals were so interesting to watch and read about. And that had some really neat rooms to watch the animals from. (it's possible that this may have been my 1st time at an aquarium.. maybe that's why I was so fascinated) It was a really cool place and I was quite impressed by it. (not quite so impressed by the price.. but I'll get over it.) Apparently there will be a dolphin exhibit in late 2010. Dolphins are Rachel's favorites.. so I guess she will be back to visit then. :)
After recuperating from a long day at the aquarium, we headed for dinner at a nearby Italian restaurant that was totally delicious. (We ate so good that weekend!). After dinner, Rachel and I headed to Stone Mountain for their famous laser light show. It wasn't the coolest thing in the world.. but a good experience anyways. Plus we got to spend time wandering around the empty grounds taking random pictures with the cool props they had all over the place.
All in all it was a wonderful weekend spending time with my sister. I miss getting to see her on a regular basis.. but hopefully we'll get to have random trips like this occasionally enough. :)


Apparently some of the best pizza in town. It was pretty yummy. I'm still looking for the next Charlies - now that was some good pizza. Another good reason to visit Searcy in the near future.

The 100% awesome Strawberry Shortcake. Anyone want to come visit and split it with me??

Here it is: the famous Georgia Aquarium!! Aaron wasn't featured in too many pictures that weekend - thought I would throw that one in. :)


My beautiful sister and I checking out the jellyfish. They were pretty cool.

One of the spectacular views we had... too bad my nice camera was dead.. sad.

The fireworks that followed the laser light show at Stone Mountain. They were pretty awesome.

One of the many places that we decided to take pictures at while we were at Stone Mountain. We were covered in hay after that.

And so begins our silly sister shoot. :) fun times.

Of course Newton wanted to join in. haha

and the traditional Rachel & Newton picture. Aren't they cute?


5 comments:

RayGray said...

That was one of the bests weekend!! I miss seeing you! I'll be back super soon though! And we can go get some more scrumptious Strawberry Shortcake!!! Oh, I can't wait!!

Lauren Tarpley said...

Looks like y'all had a great time and ate some delicious food! I think I need to go and get some of that strawberry cake! YUM!!

Cheryl Walker said...

The fireworks look spectacular! :) Great you got a sisters weekend!

Mindy said...

Thanks for working to get some good ideas for our upcoming visit! I know this was all just research. ;)

And, yes, I will definitely need some of that yummy Stawberry Shortcake. Consider it done.

Erin Howell said...

Girls night - strawberry shortcake??? whoo hoo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs