Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Have a Tacky Christmas!

We recently celebrated the holiday season with our class from church - tacky style. I do have to say that I was quite impressed by the level of participation from our group. Almost everyone came decked out in some of the tackiest sweater/sweatshirts I have ever seen. I especially loved one sweatshirt that simply read, "Happy Birthday Jesus". Aaron sported an incredibly awesome-we were so lucky to find it -homemade sweatshirt with puppies and kittens, and glitter glue. Gold. glitter. glue.




After feasting on a de-li-cious meal and socializing with the group... we all bundled up for the coldest night in Atlanta and headed out to our truck-drawn sleigh to spread some cheer via carolling. There we even antlers and santa hats to complete our ensembles, one lucky guy got the elf ears!



We had a wonderful time celebrating the season with our new friends.


Slightly off topic - but still somewhat on topic... the last time I celebrated the season tacky style was in 2007. I had high hopes that multiple people would join me... but alas, it was myself and my sister.




Tacky 2007: Here's one of my favorite pictures from the night. Maggie and I were laughing so hard, it was nearly impossible to saddle up on the cow. Our friend Tony attempted to assist, but was quite awkward in trying to figure out how to best position his hands. We eventually made it... Tomorrow I am heading to Memphis to see Maggie, one of my bestest/oldest friends get married. I can't believe how much things have changed since 07!


3 comments:

Christi said...

tacky christmas parties are so much fun! love the sweaters!!

Mindy said...

Those sweaters are glorious. I am so impressed.

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Goofing off with friends is the best, especially when it involved awkwardly singing Christmas carols. Yea for memories!

Speaking of memories, you and Maggie are adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs