Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tick Tock

I love sleep... Now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who sleeps their life away, a person who sleeps during every free moment.. but I sure do enjoy getting in my Sunday afternoon naps. And I sure do love sleeping in in the morning. But alas, I have a job. One that requires me to get up and shower and make myself presentable and arrive at my client's office at a reasonable time. Lately, (ok really I've had this problem as long as I can remember) I'm struggling with getting out of bed in the morning. I can always drag myself out of bed with just enough time. Sometimes hair washing is skipped... every once in awhile showers... sacrifices are sometimes made for sleep. I rush to get ready and speed to get to work on time. I used to think this was the perfect way to do it. Sleep as long as possible. But lately I've been thinking it would be nice to have just 15 or so extra minutes in the morning. 15 extra minutes to start a load of laundry, make the bed, eat breakfast, etc... Or 45 extra minutes so I could get a workout in during the morning instead of at 9:30 at night. I'm struggling. I'm not sure why I can't get up 15 minutes early. It's not like I don't get a decent amount of sleep. (6-7 hours is decent, right?) And every once in awhile, I randomly wake up at 5, but just go back to sleep because I just don't want to be awake that early. So I know it's possible.. I just need to figure out how to do it.

Maybe I need one of these: It's called a Sleeptracker. It's a watch that monitors your sleep patterns and wakes you at the optimal time. Unfortunately it's $179. ridik. but may be worth it...

Or maybe one of these:
CLOCKY! It's the roaming, wandering alarm clock. After you hit snooze, he rolls off the nightstand and roams around the house. You have to go track him down to turn him off. The only concern I see with this: Newton. Little more reasonable price: $50.

Or maybe one of these:
Still not so sure how this would work for me... I'm not sure light really wakes me up... and for $80, not sure it's worth the trial.

So.. those are some of the top contenders. Any suggestions??

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Go to bed a the same time everynight. Hard I know..then get up at the same time each morning. You will be tired at first,but it will become a habit. Oh, and working out makes you have more energy.

Audrey

Sarah said...

There's a .99 "sleep cycle alarm clock" app for iPhone that looks interesting. I have the same problem, though, and I have NO extra time in the morning. I am almost always about 5-10 minutes late to work.

I do love the thought of Newton chasing your alarm clock around...

Mindy said...

Boo. Why don't we just have 28 hours in a day?

I do believe that working out in the morning is much better than working out at night. But, I don't have any suggestions on how to wake up, unless both you and Aaron get up at the same time and hold each other accountable.

I have seriously considered getting one of sunrise alarm clocks. I have a friend who uses it, and loves it. I'm not sure light really wakes me up, but I know it's so much more tempting to go back to sleep when it's pitch dark in the room.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl Walker said...

Cool ideas. I like the first one; it would be interesting to see how much sleep I actually need. I think the 3rd one would work for me though, because sunlight really wakes me up. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs