Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cruise Detour to Disney

Wow! I've been a horrible blogger lately. Life has been great lately, and very busy. I successfully made it though busy season (whoo hoo!) and Aaron and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary. (another whoo hoo!) The 1,103 pictures I took on our trip just overwhelmed me... so I've kinda been putting it off. We leave in 1 week for family reunion #1 for the year... so since I am already so far behind.. I figured I better get started on posting. Since there are so many pictures and because we did so much, and for sanity purposes, I'll be posting about our trip in multiple posts over the next couple of days. Hoping to get semi-caught up before the rest of the summer hits full force.

We actually had a little bit of a tweak in plans for the cruise, one of my best friends (Maggie) and her husband (Hunter) decided to come along to. I'm glad they came.. I had a sun friend and Aaron and Hunter could hang out reading in the shade. We also played games every single night. fun times.
Alright.. so the 1st part of the trip, which seemed like a vacation all in itself was DISNEY WORLD! yep.. that's right the big 'ole WDW. We actually didn't go into any of the theme parks because they are EXPENSIVE.. especially for one day passes... We actually got a room at the Hilton in Downtown Disney, which included 4 complimentary tickets to Disney Quest which is an indoor virtual theme park type of thing. I thought Aaron would love it since it was inside, I was right.

On our way over to Disney, we stopped in Celebration, FL which is a cute little town designed by Disney. Think Pleasantville.


Then we headed on over to Downtown Disney to hit up all the sites.


Once in Disney Quest we played human pinball, built and rode our own virtual rollercoaster, killed aliens, shot cannons at pirate ships, virtual whitewater rafting, and rode on magic carpets. It was so much fun!! I'm glad that we were able to experience a different part of Disney.


After a fun-filled day at Disney Quest, Aaron and I headed out for date night at Disney World. We ate at an energy packed restaurant called the Whispering Canyon Cafe then headed back to Downtown Disney to see the night life and get dessert. We hit up the Candy Cauldron for some ridiculously priced but awesomely delicious chocolate covered strawberries and Ghirardelli for their famous hot fudge sundae. (just like the one we got in San Francisco on our 1st anniversary!)



Whew what a busy day and we hadn't even made it to Miami yet!!

Cruise Detour to Disney Complete Album

4 comments:

My New Life as a Borin said...

Looks like you ya'll had a great time on the first leg of the trip! I love all the pictures and can't wait to hear about the rest. :) Good seeing you today!

Lucas, Em, Landon, and Lucy said...

Hey!What's up this weekend in Memphis? We haven't heard anything really. Luke asked his Mom the other day, but she said she isn't going.

Audrey said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Audrey

Julie said...

Oh Erin that sounds like you all had the time of your life...I look forward to hearing more about your trip! :D Miss you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs