Thursday, October 21, 2010

Philly Cheesesteak (Philly Style!)

Isn't this fall weather so wonderful?? I will have to say that I am definitely one of those people that is holding on to summer with all I have... I just absolutely hate the winter. I don't like when it's cold and dark.. boo. With that being said, since I am usually wishing for more 90+ degree days, people probably don't realize that I actually love fall too. :)
Anyways, in celebration of fall and for the continued goal of my sanity.. I hopped on a plane last Friday and met one of my dear friends, Tara, in Philly for a fun-filled weekend. Of course we hit up most of the "popular" touristy sites and ate some amazing food but everyone knows you haven't really been to Philly.. until you've had a Philly Cheesesteak.
Now, we did some research.. internet, magazines, and friends.. and we were told.. if you want a real Philly cheesesteak.. you have to hit up South street. We also heard to never ask anyone in Philly where the best cheesesteak is.. or fights may break out.
We ventured out to South street and came across these 2 places....



Both were very popular and very very crowded... there were lines wrapped around the buildings. We settled on Geno's and took our place in line. Is it shameful that one of our deciding factors for Geno's was that the line was more in the sun than Pat's? It was kind of a windy day...

After about 30 mins in line... and some luckiness on our part... we snagged a table right under the overhang.. where we could still soak up a teeny-bit of sun while feasting on our fabulous Philly Cheesesteaks.



more to come on the Philly trip... until then: Peace, Love, and Philly Cheesesteaks! :0

1 comment:

Mindy said...

So glad you had an authentic Philly cheesesteak! That's awesome. Can't believe you just up and flew to Philadelphia. You're crazy. Glad you had a good time. (And the pictures look great, too.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs