Friday, October 29, 2010

RIP

It's hard to say goodbye to such a loyal, trust worthy, trendy, and beautiful friend... but sadly it's time.


Some time between the Liberty Bell and the Cleopatra exhibit on my Philly trip.. my lovely sunglasses broke in two. It was a pretty devastating experience. They were beautiful and had such a short life. I remember when I purchased them... May 4, 2010. I remember this because the first time I wore them in public was with friends for Cinco De Mayo on the patio at Uncle Julios... I was a bit hesitant to see if I could pull off the trendy "semi-big" sunglasses. After some encouragement from my friends, I whipped them out and I've been wearing them ever since... well until 2 weekends ago. Ever since I've made it home, the 2 broken pieces have laid sadly at the bottom of my suitcase.. (mainly because I'm a bit too lazy to unpack).

Oh how I loved those sunglasses.... They really got me through the summer! They've been to 5 different countries (cruise...), 9 states, Disney World, various beaches, family reunions, multiple weddings, etc... It was a good summer...



One of the last pictures:

Of course, I couldn't just wander around a bright and shiny city without sunglasses for the rest of my trip, so I stopped in to CVS.. and well here's the new pair:


They'll do... ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs