Thursday, September 15, 2011

Labor Day Weekend - 2011

I'm pretty sure this is the first time Aaron and I have stayed home and didn't have company for a 3-day weekend, and it was perfect!

Here's a little recap...
Friday we celebrated Newton's birthday... and just hung out at home. 


On Saturday, I went and ran some errands, while Aaron slept, A LOT. 
I made a craft (Aaron  helped too, after I blistered my hand from the hot glue gun)


I finally updated some pictures around the house.
Though, I still have to get some new frames for some other photos I printed.  Including a really cute photo of my nieces.
We also added some more storage to our utility closet.  So much more organized now!


On Saturday evening, Aaron and I went to midtown and had dinner at a really awesome French restaurant.  A co-worker had a voucher that was going to expire for a 5 course meal, so she gave it to us.  We ate on the rooftop patio and enjoyed all kinds of fabulous food.
Afterwards, Aaron and I wandered around the streets, mainly because DragonCon was happening in Atlanta that weekend... and we very much enjoyed seeing everyone dressed up in their costumes!











Sunday afternoon we decided to go to Helen, GA.  It's a really cute German town about 1.5 hours away.  We've actually been there one other time before.  In 1999!  We went on a fun trip with the youth group and stayed at Lake Burton and we went over to Helen, GA one day.
We were going to go tubing, but since the weather was a bit dreary and not too hot.. we decided to just roam around.  We had lunch at a cool little German restaurant then had yummy chocolate caramel apples from Hansel and Gretel's Candy Kitchen.  Awesome.  Afterwards, we drove over to Lake Burton, for old times sake. :)











And Monday.. well it was rainy.  So we slept in.  and did a whole bunch of nothing.

It was a great weekend!


2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yea! Looks like a great weekend! So glad you got a free date. That food looked delicious, and I love the setting outside with those lights. And let me just say, I need that caramel apple. Right now.

Lydia said...

Haha... an actual German town. I think Germantown should look a little more like that. Wouldn't that be fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs