Tuesday, June 30, 2009

We're moving...

Yep. That’s right. Aaron and I are moving to the big ‘ole ATL. Let me be the 1st to say, that this is definitely not what I had envisioned happening at this time in my life. I had no plans, aspirations, or thoughts of packing up my wonderful home in Nashville and leaving my friends, family, and work after just a short year and a half. But it looks like God had other plans for us. Aaron has been offered a wonderful, way-too-good-to-turn-down offer at Georgia Tech to continue his education. The plan is to work on his Masters and then continue on to his Doctorate. (but we’ve seen how our plans work out…) I am so extremely proud of him and this wonderful opportunity. We are getting excited about the changes that are to come and nervous as well. Currently, I am networking and job searching the best I can to find a good place to work. So if anyone has any accounting connections in Atlanta, feel free to pass them along. :) Our move date is tentatively set for August 8th. Aaron begins orientation on August 11th. FDH (my current accounting firm) has been so wonderful and understanding with the announcement of my leave. They have been more helpful than I could have ever imagined. They have passed along my resume, given me contacts, and even proofed my resume. I couldn’t have asked for a better firm to work for over the past year and a half and I am truly going to miss it. As much as we are truly going to miss Nashville with everyone and everything it has to offer, we are also excited about what’s to come. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we embark on this new journey. (especially for me to find a new job quickly!)

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Hey! So exciting! I'm glad your company took it so well!

Anyways, hopefully...we'll get to see you soon? Maybe August when you get to ATL? We should plan something!

Mindy said...

*sniff*sniff*

Weird. We're gong to miss you. But I know that God is blessing this path, and He has some good intentions for your future. I'm so excited for Aaron to have such a great opportunity.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Nashville chapter of your life. FDH and Tusculum really are blessings.

Good luck!

Cheryl Walker said...

I can't believe you're moving already! But it is exciting; hopefully it will be a wonderful adventure for you!! Hope you find a job soon and congratulations on the opportunity you've been given! :D Keep us updated on how things go!

Taran and Jessie & Ellis, Everett and Zula said...

The Howell's from Atlanta are so excited! Passing on the resume as much as I can- see you soon !

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs