Friday, July 3, 2009

Fun Times in Oregon

Alright... well I officially missed my own imposed deadline of having all my posts from the West Coast trip done by the end of June. Along with that I am getting further and further behind in my posting. So it's time to catch up.

Aaron and I took a train from Seattle to Portland which was pretty awesome. It was neat to watch the beautiful scenery pass by. When we arrived in Portland, we took our very first taxi to our fantastic hotel right on the waterfront. Our room even had a cool balcony that looked at the river and the city. After a while of walking around the city and snacking on a burger, we took the aerial tram up to see the city from up high and the towering moutains in the backgrounds. Beautiful. Afterwards, we(I) decided that we should rent bikes and join in with the rest of the entire city and go biking. We found some right off the water front. After hopping on, we rode down the waterfront and back and forth across the bridges. I had a whole lot of fun. Aaron was pretty concered for his safety most of the time. I was pretty sore the next day from it. After bike riding, we feasted on a delicious italian dinner at Mama Mia's - a recommendation from our hotel staff.


The next morning we went to return our bikes, via Voodo Donuts. I had heard about Voodoo Donuts on the tv before and it came highly recommended by someone at the hotel. I will say that the donuts were quite yummy.. but the place seriously gave me the creeps.


Our time in Portland was short lived, as we had to head to the airport to pick up our awesome friends, Tim and Morgan. Along with this came our 2nd car rental. The Prius!! Aaron and I were in complete awe at how many priuses (is that how you make it plural?? i dunno) there were all over the West Coast. It was crazy. Aaron was counting for awhile and even considered taking pictures on his phone of each one, but soon realized his memory would be gone within an hour. So can you imagine our faces when our rental car guy said, "It seems that we are all out of the mid-size car, so we are going to give you a free upgrade to a Prius". hahahaha. Oh. my. goodness. I will have to say that driving the Prius was quite fun and I really enjoyed it. Once we were back in Nashville, Aaron claimed that he revved the escape engine for an extra 30 minutes one day, just to make up for the Prius we drove. haha.



Anyways, we hopped in the Prius (our luggage barely fit in the tiny trunk) and headed towards Eugene/Creswell for the wedding festivities for Stephen and Emily's wedding. We had a great time hanging out and catching up with everyone, while Emily's dad made some awesome fried rice. Afterwards, Morgan and I headed out with the girls, for some delicious cake, bowling, and other things.... :)

The next day we decided to head out to the Oregon Coast. It was time to put our feet in the Pacific Ocean. We went to driftwood beach, which was absolutely stunning. The water was absolutely freezing, but totally worth it. We enjoyed hanging out and getting some beautiful shots of the scenery.


Saturday was Stephen and Emily's wedding. What a beautiful and fun wedding! I loved all the brightly colored lanterns and other decorations. We were so happy to see our friends so wonderfully happy and in love. We wish them the very best. :)



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs