Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beach Reunion

Aaron and I were actually able to make it to the beach this year, which was totally awesome, especially since we didn't go last year! Each year my grandmother's siblings and their families get together. The location changes up each year, as a different sibling hosts. This year was Gulf Shores, Alabama! At first I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to go, due to our other trips we had already planned... but then I decided to make it happen. I just couldn't miss out on the beach (or family time!). Aaron and I loaded up our car (after a few delays) after work on a Thursday evening and headed south. We finally arrived at 1:46am. Though it was slightly crappy to drive through a bit of the night, it was definitely worth it to have 2 whole days at the beach. We enjoyed spending time with my wonderful family (including some that I had never met!) on the beach and eating yummy food. James was added entertainment as always. :)



Here's Grandma with her siblings (along with one sister-in-law):
My grandma is on the left.
Some pictures of us enjoying the beautiful beach:


Some family shots:


We had a wonderful time and can't wait till next year... no matter where the location may be. :)

and of course... Aaron and I had a mini-date out to get ice cream and cruising the streets. yummy Scoops!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm so glad that you guys were able to make it. It looks like you had a great time!

Aahhhh.... The beach....

Cheryl Walker said...

What a fun way to have a family reunion--at the beach!! :) We went to Gulf Shores last year; it was nice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs