Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy 4th - Nashville Style

Well, happy belated 4th! Aaron and I decided to spend our time in Nashville to do some Nashvilley type things and to enjoy the N'ville fireworks at least once in our lifetime. On Friday, which Aaron and I both had off, we headed out to see the Parthenon and to enjoy Centennial park before heading downtown for a yummy dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. Aaron had never done any of the above and I felt it was extremely important for him to experience such things before we leave.


My parents and siblings (except for Rachel) made the haul up to join in on the Saturday festivities which included cramming the whole family into our apartment for a delicious cookout, Wii bowling, and some swimming. We had so much food! We had to set up the food table in the guest bedroom because there wasn't enough room elsewhere, and to keep Newton from being tempted! We had steak, shrimp (3 different kinds), corn on the cob, okra, gren beans, pasta, rolls, and the list goes on. I even made a fun patriotic dessert.


Once evening was upon us, we loaded the coolers with drinks and snacks and headed downtown for the firework festivities. My uncle is a cop, so we got access to a special parking lot and therefore we didn't have to fight all the parking craziness. Once we parked, we had to wait out the rain for awhile before walking downtown to grab some dinner. Bad idea. I told Aaron that I wanted 2 corn dogs, because I was quite hungry, then headed off to the portable. Which, by the way, was nasty. Here's a conversation that took place.

Aaron: I'll take 3 corn dogs
Vendor: That will be $18.
Aaron: I'll take 2 corn dogs.

$6 for a corn dog. $6. each. ridiculous. though it was a pretty yummy corn dog, I must say.

Anyways.. the rest of the night was quite interesting as we got to start the fireworks show extremely early due to the storm they were trying to avoid. no such luck. It started pouring. We got drenched and that's with being right by our cars! I felt pretty bad for all those people downtown having to run for cover. All in all we had a wonderful weekend enjoying time with family and celebrating our freedoms.


Click here to view the complete album

3 comments:

Mindy said...

What fun! I'm so glad you guys were able to soak in some Nashville-ness together before you have to head to Atl. The pictures are, of course, spectactular. :)

Taran and Jessie & Ellis, Everett and Zula said...

LOVE the conversation Aaron had with the corndog man- I am ready for you guys to be in Atlanta~

Audrey said...

looks like a lot of fun!
Audrey

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs