Monday, December 15, 2008

Celebration with my LU girls!!

Happy Birthday Rachel! :) My sister turned 21 on December 2nd, but I was in Atlanta and she was soon to be heading to Honduras so we were unable to celebrate for a week. I have adopted some of Rachel's Lipscomb friends as my own, plus there are those who are friends from back home. We all got together to celebrate Rachel's birthday and Lydia's graduation! Way-to-go Lydia, even though we are incredibly sad you are moving so far away. :( We decided to eat at Maggianos, which was incredible. I'm sure the waiter thought we were crazy, however he did recite some love birthday poem to Rachel at the end of the night. All-in-all we had a wonderful time!

Me and Lydia, the soon to be college graduate and Mrs. Farmer

I absolutely love my beautiful sister!!

Birthday celebration!!

They devoured the cake.... it was quite scary to seem some of those girls attack!

The Birthday poem that the waiter recited to Rachel:
By Christina Georgina Rossetti

MY heart is like a singing bird
Whose nest is in a water’s shoot;
My heart is like an apple-tree
Whose boughs are bent with thick-set fruit;
My heart is like a rainbow shell
That paddles in a halcyon sea;
My heart is gladder than all these,
Because my love is come to me.

Raise me a daïs of silk and down;
Hang it with vair and purple dyes;
Carve it in doves and pomegranates,
And peacocks with a hundred eyes;
Work it in gold and silver grapes,
In leaves and silver fleurs-de-lys;
Because the birthday of my life
Is come, my love is come to me.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

What a cool cake. And, seriously, that picture of you and Rachel is stinking adorable.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! That night was so fun!! I look forward to hanging out over Christmas :) :) :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs