Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ice, Ice Baby

This past weekend was quite busy with tons of little things going on as well as Christmas shopping.. which by the way is crazy! I spent 45 mins in the toy department at Walmart and still didn't find what I wanted. Not sure if it was because they didn't have it or just due to the mass chaos and my lack of experience in the toy department. Anyways, along with all that, Saturday was also the Howell-Mehaffey Christmas extravaganza! First we went to dinner at Shogun, an awesome Japanese Steakhouse. We ate so much food I thought I was going to explode, but it was sooo yummy. Japanese Steakhouses are now part of my favorite types of restaurants. Too bad, it's a very rare occurrence to go.
After dinner we surprised the Mehaffey's (well Mindy was the one jumping for joy) with going to see ICE at Opryland. For those of you who don't know what ICE is, you should really check it out. The theme has been the Grinch for the last 10 years or so, but looks like it will be rethemed for next year. Basically it's a huge exhibit based on the Grinch with tons of different scenes all made of ice. Per the sign, 2 million lbs of fun! It was really neat to see all the different scenes and of course to take pictures of it all. In one room there are two huge ice slides. We were doing pretty good with the cold until we got in there. It was mainly due to just standing there in line waiting for our turn, oh yeah and the 6-9 degree temperature. By the time we were done our toes were barely bending, making walking a little difficult. Outside seemed quite enjoyable!
Afterwards we came back to our apartment and watched the old school clay-mation version of Rudolph.. the one with the island of misfit toys. I used to watch that movie all the time growing up. During the movie Mindy and I construction a gingerbread house (from a kit of course... we'll have to branch out more next time). I think it turned out pretty good... from the top view at least. :) Oh how I love spending the holidays with friends!


2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yahoo! This was the very best Christmas Extravaganza of all time! I'm so glad that we are friends, and that we got to spend this day together. We had the greatest time of all time. Thanks so much. You guys are awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

I like your Christmas layout!! Good job on the gingerbread house--I've never made one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs