Thursday, September 9, 2010

Girls just want to have fun...

Moving to a new city where you know basically no one can be tough... but Aaron and I handled the transition to Atlanta pretty well. I have to chalk most of it up to my wonderful friends from North Atlanta.. especially the girls.
Last year I was asked to be the coordinator for the monthly girls night. We usually just meet at a restaurant to stuff our faces and chat.. but after our summer hiatus.. I decided to spice things up a little with a concert! Can you believe that the ultimate girls concert, Colbie Caillat and Sheryl Crow, just so happened to be on the 3rd Thursday of August? Well it was. We originally had purchased lawn seats (cheapest.. and easiest to coordinate) but when we got there we were informed that we could trade our lawn seats in for regular seats. Holla. The weather was absolutely amazing... humidity controlled itself and there was a nice breeze. The music was great (although I definitely know more Colbie than Sheryl songs...) and the people watching was superb. Nothing like the girl next to you singing her heart out.. or the older gentleman getting down to every Sheryl Crow song from the 1990s.

This weekend I get to spend even more time with my wonderful girl friends. Although it's not an "official" Refuel - Girl's Night.. I figured I'd rather see a chick flick with the girls instead of Aaron. Tomorrow night.. a group of 8 fantastic girls (myself included) are meeting for some yummy Panera (of course I'll have their mac n cheese) and then heading over for Eat.Pray.Love.

Here are a few reasons why I'm so excited about tomorrow:

1. Girlfriends

2. Panera's mac n cheese

3. Eat.Pray.Love - I love movies that explore other parts of the world, make it a chick flick and I am totally sold.

4. This lady right here.
She is truly wonderful at what she does.

5. Saving $$$ - One of my friends recently started a deals website.. and because of her, I not only got my ticket for $4, I also get free popcorn. Sweeeet! Check out her site here: Peach Deals. Unfortunately the $4 ticket is long gone (groupon).. but the free popcorn for tomorrow night only (9.10.2010) is available to anyone who "likes" Regal Cinemas on facebook. Now I just need a coupon for Panera and I'll be all set. :)


2 comments:

Mindy said...

2 Hollas! That concert sounds awesome. Glad you guys went.

What a steal for the movies! Lucky ladies. Have a great time!

Lauren Tarpley said...

Yippee skippy!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs